You may know wheatgrass as a herb that is consumed for several health benefits. Wheatgrass juice itself works wonders in your body because it comes filled with high nutrients. To many, wheatgrass is known as a wonder plant because of its immense beneficial properties.
Is it possible to learn how to juice wheatgrass without a juicer? Yes, because there are other ways you can use to make this juice, for instance, using a blender. That means a juicer is not the only option as long as you learn the basics of juicing. For tasty fresh juice, you need to use young wheatgrass during the juicing process.
Can You Eat Wheatgrass Without Juicing It?
If you have been accustomed only to juicing wheatgrass, you may wonder whether it can be eaten raw. Wheatgrass can be consumed as a whole without juicing, and it will not lose its nutritional value. Eating it raw as a supplement is still healthier, just like drinking it as a liquid.
Apart from juicing and eating raw, wheatgrass can also be dehydrated to form powders. This powder can be dissolved in water or used as an addition to other fresh juices or even smoothies. The wheatgrass powder is also converted into tablets and capsules that people love.
How to Juice Wheatgrass Without a Juicer?
Having your wheatgrass juiced is necessary for your digestive system. Why is that? Because once juiced, the wheatgrass will be broken down easily and stats performing its tasks in the body. Are you ready to know how to juice wheatgrass without a juicer? I bet you are, so let’s learn together.
Let us look at some of the items you will require:
- A pair of scissors
- Large bowl
Step 1: If you are growing wheatgrass, get some from your garden. Do not harvest the wheatgrass earlier; do it when you want to use it right there and then. This will maintain freshness. When harvesting the wheatgrass, cut it from the stalks right above the root system. If you are buying, get to the store and purchase fresh ones from the produce department.
Step 2: Now that you have your wheatgrass tear it gently into 2-inch strands and place it right into the blender cup.
Step 3: Add an adequate amount of water in the blender cup such that it covers the wheatgrass almost entirely.
Step 4: This step entails blending your wheatgrass whereby you should blend for about a minute or so. You can choose to blend until you are sure that the whole wheatgrass is entirely pulverized. If your drink is not as palatable as you would wish, add some more water to achieve the consistency you desire.
Step 5: Don’t start working on it immediately; instead, allow it to stand for a few minutes until you ensure that it’s separated clearly.
Step 6: At this moment, get some sheets of cheesecloth to strain out the wheatgrass juice. Place the cheesecloth over your large bowl and start pouring the mixture slowly; don’t be in a hurry during this process, for you may end up messing all over the place. Do away with the foamy substance on top of the cheesecloth.
Step 7: Once you get all the liquid out. You can choose to either do away with the pulp by discarding it or using it as compost.
Step 8: At this moment, you can take your wheatgrass juice and pour it into your favorite glass. Enjoy it while it’s still fresh before it loses its taste. Also, note that you can add the wheatgrass juice either in your smoothies or any other juice blends.
Some of the benefits you will get from drinking your fresh homemade wheatgrass juice includes:
- Wheatgrass juice is highly nutritious and contains antioxidants. These antioxidants play a crucial role in protecting your body against certain health conditions like arthritis, heart disease, and others.
- The juice works wonders in reducing the amount of cholesterol in your body system. Too much cholesterol in your body can make you be at risk of getting heart disease. This is because high amounts of cholesterol can block blood flow.
- According to research, wheatgrass juice can aid in killing cancer cells. At times the wheatgrass juice is combined with conventional cancer treatment to reduce adverse cancer effects.
- Another great benefit of wheatgrass juice is it regulates blood sugar levels. With that, your body functions better without any symptoms whatsoever. Remember that if your blood sugar isn’t regulated. Then you may end up having vision problems and may also cause damage to the nervous system.
- Wheatgrass juice is also known to curb chronic inflammation attributed to conditions like heart disease and cancer. The contents of wheatgrass juice are known to minimize inflammation.
- If you are on the verge of losing weight, wheatgrass juice may come in handy. Drinking this juice say three times a day can do wonders in losing weight.
- The fact that wheatgrass can be available in other varieties, it makes it easier to add it into your diet. You can use wheatgrass powder to improve the nutritional content of your smoothies and other beverages.
Wheatgrass juice comes with a lot of nutritional value. The best way to enjoy wheatgrass juice is to have it fresh. But do you know how to juice wheatgrass without a juicer? The process is not tasking as you will realize when you learn the basics.
The moment you learn how to make wheatgrass juice, you will never fail to take it because it’s quite tasty. When you think of the nutritional value you’ll gain from the juice, you’ll make it a part of your everyday diet. What is for sure is that wheatgrass juice offers immense benefits to your body; thus, you should invest in it more.